I consent to Amazon EU S.à.r.l. (Société à responsabilité limitée), 5 Rue Plaetis, L-2338 Luxemburg (“Amazon”) processing my personal data, such as for example my name, my photograph, my voice, comments and my country of residence in order to conduct the Alexa Skill Challenge.
This also includes advertising and promoting my submitted Skill which may include my personal data. BeMyApp SAS (“BeMyApp”), 86 Rue de Charonne, Paris, 75011 as the administrator of the challenge will process my personal data as stated above for and on behalf of Amazon.
I am aware that I have the right to withdraw my consent at any time with future affect by accessing my BeMyApp account or by sending an email to email@example.com. In such case any further processing of my data will stop.
Amazon Alexa Skills Challenge: Games Official Rules(the "Official Rules")
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Name: Alexa Skills Challenge: Games (the “Competition”)
Website: http://alexagames.bemyapp.com (the “Competition Website”)
Platform: https://platform-alexagames.bemyapp.com (the “Administrator’s Platform“)
1. POSTER & ADMINISTRATOR
Poster (the “Poster”): Amazon Media EU S.à r.l. (Société à responsabilité limitée), 5 Rue Plaetis, L-2338 Luxemburg.
The Poster is the sponsor of the Competition.
Administrator (the “Administrator”): BeMyApp SAS (“BeMyApp”), 86 Rue de Charonne, Paris, 75011. The Administrator is responsible for the rules, administration, and operation of the Competition. The Poster, Amazon, is not responsible for the administration or operation of the Competition.
2. DATES AND TIMING
Submission Period: August 29, 2018 (10:00am CET) – October 17, 2018 (5:00pm CET) (the “Submission Period”)
Certification Period: October 18, 2018 (10:00am CET) – October 25, 2018 (5:00pm CET) (the “Certification Period”)
Finalist Judging Period: October 26, 2018 (10:00am CET) – October 30, 2018 (5:00pm CET) (the “Finalist Judging Period”)
Finalists Announced: November 1, 2018
Customer Engagement Period: November 7, 2018 (10:00am CET) – November 28, 2018 (5:00pm CET) (the “Customer Engagement Period”)
Second Round Judging Period: November 29, 2018 (5:00pm CET) – December 5, 2018 (5:00pm CET) (the “Second Round Judging Period”)
Grand Prize and Bonus Prize Winners Notified: December 6, 2018
Grand Prize and Bonus Prize Winners Announced: December 7, 2018
IMPORTANT NOTES ON DATES, TIMING & CUSTOMER ENGAGEMENT:
- Submissions must be entered via the Competition Website to the Administrator’s Platform and submitted for certification to the Alexa Skills Store on amazon.co.uk or amazon.de in the Games, Trivia & Accessories category before the end of the Submission Period.
- Submissions must pass certification and be publicly available in the Alexa Skills Store on amazon.co.uk or amazon.de in the Games, Trivia & Accessories category during the Certification Period at the latest.
- Ten (10) Finalist Prize winners (“Finalists”) will be determined during the Finalist Judging Period based on section 6.
- Two Grand Prize Winners will be selected from the Finalists based on the Judging Criteria, including performance during the Customer Engagement Period. The Finalist Skills may be promoted during the Customer Engagement Period and will NOT be eligible to earn money for customer engagement taking place during the months of November and December 2018. Makers (as defined below) may promote their Skills during the Customer Engagement Period however, they may not use any automated methods to create customer engagement nor offer any incentive in exchange for customer engagement with the Skill.
- The Grand Prize and Bonus Prize winners will be selected during the Second Round Judging Period. See sections 6 and 7 for additional details on Judging and Prizes.
IMPORTANT: The Administrator will be the official timekeeper for the Competition.
A. The Competition is open to:
- Individuals who are at least 18 years old as of the time of entry and reside in Germany, Austria, the United Kingdom or Ireland.
- Teams of Eligible Individuals (“Teams”)
- Organizations (including corporations, not-for-profit corporations and other non-profit organizations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and other legal entities) that exist and have been organized or incorporated at the time of entry in Germany, Austria, the United Kingdom or Ireland. (“Organizations”)
(the above are collectively, “Makers”)
An Eligible Individual may join more than one Team or Organization and an Eligible Individual who is part of a Team or Organization may also enter the Competition on an individual basis.
If a Team or Organization is entering the Competition, they must appoint and authorize one individual (the “Representative”) to represent, act, and enter a Submission, on their behalf. The Representative and each team member must meet the eligibility requirements above. By entering a Submission on the Administrator’s Platform on behalf of a Team, or Organization you represent and warrant that you are the Representative authorized to act on behalf of your Team, or Organization.
B. The Competition IS NOT open to:
- Individuals who are residents of other countries than Germany, Austria, the United Kingdom or Ireland.
- Organizations involved with the design, production, paid promotion, execution, or distribution of the Competition, including the Poster and Administrator (“Promotion Entities”)
- Employees, representatives and agents** of Promotion Entities and all members of their immediate family or household*
- Any other individual involved with the design, production, promotion, execution, or distribution of the Competition, and each member of their immediate family or household*
- Any Judge (defined below), or company or individual that employs a Judge
- Any parent company, subsidiary, or other affiliate*** of any organization described above
*The members of an individual’s immediate family include the individual’s spouse, children and stepchildren, parents and stepparents, and siblings and stepsiblings. The members of an individual’s household include any other person that shares the same residence as the individual for at least three (3) months out of the year.
**Agents include individuals or organizations that in creating a Submission to the Competition, are acting on behalf of, and at the direction of, a Promotion Entity through a contractual or similar relationship.
***An affiliate is: (a) an organization that is under common control, sharing a common majority or controlling owner, or common management; or (b) an organization that has a substantial ownership in, or is substantially owned by the other organization.
4. SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Makers must do the following to participate in the Competition:
- Register for the Competition on the Competition Website by clicking the “Sign-up” button. To complete registration, Makers will be directed to the Administrator’s Platform, where they will fill out a sign up form to register for the competition and create their personalized account on the platform. There is no charge for creating an account on the Administrator’s Platform. This will enable Makers to receive important updates and add their skill to the “Skill Projects” page. To submit the skill, Makers need to click the button “Add Skill” on this page during the Submission Period of the Competition.
- Create an Amazon Developer account, agree to the terms of Poster’s App Distribution and Services Agreement (the “Developer Agreement”) and check out the Alexa Skills Kit (ASK) developer portal (including the Amazon policy guidelines and Getting Started Guide), and review the Resources page for links to the ASK tutorials and the Alexa Skills Certification Checklist.
- Build (or update) and publish a Skill that belongs in the Games, Trivia & Accessories category, for example a quiz or an interactive story. Host your Skill on AWS Lambda or another hosting service of your choice. Use of AWS Lambda will not increase your chance of winning.
- Test your Skill. No hardware is required! You don't need an Amazon Echo to participate in the Competition. After you build your Skill, you can use the Test Simulator (Beta) directly within the Developer Console, which allows you to test with either text of voice, and to see how your Skill displays on an Echo Show. You can also use the EchoSim Alexa Skill Testing Tool, a free browser-based tool created and hosted by iQuarius Media that provides a browser-based interface to Alexa, the cloud-based voice service that powers Amazon Echo. You must have or will need to create an Amazon account in order to use the EchoSim.
- Create a video (no longer than 5 minutes) that includes footage that clearly explains your Alexa Skill’s features and functionality through a comprehensive demonstration in the language of the Alexa Skill Store the Maker publishes the Skill to.
- Enter your Skill:
- Complete and enter all of the required fields on the “Skill Projects” page after having clicked the button “Add Skill” on the Administrators’ platform. The complete submission includes skill name, the title of the skill project, the skill ID (each a “Submission”) and additional submission material defined in section 4 C. Everything needs to be submitted during the Submission Period.
- Submit your Skill for Alexa Skills Store certification on amazon.de or amazon.co.uk in the Games, Trivia & Accessories
category before the end of the Submission Period.
- The Skill must be developed in the language of the respective Alexa Skill Store.
- Follow the additional Submission requirements described below.
- To be eligible for prizes, your Skill must have passed certification and be available in the Alexa Skills Store on amazon.de or amazon.co.uk in the Games, Trivia & Accessories category by the end of the Certification Period. Makers will be allowed to make minor changes (such as bug fixes) during the Certification Period to move through the certification phase. No substantial changes will be allowed, and all Skills that do not pass certification by the end of the Certification Period will be ineligible for prizes in the Competition.
- Finalists will be allowed to make changes and updates to their Skill during the Customer Engagement Period.
A. Language Requirements
All Submission materials must be either in English or German depending on the Alexa Skills Store the Maker publishes the Skill to.
B. Skill Requirements
(i) What to Create: Makers must build a functioning Alexa Skill, or update an existing Alexa Skill, that belongs to the Games, Trivia & Accessories category (each a “Skill”).
(ii) Bonus Prize Categories: Applications may be entered into one or more of the following bonus prize categories (the “Categories”). Please see section 6 for information on the scoring criteria. The prize will be awarded to a certified Skill that is submitted for consideration during the submission period. As part of your Submission, you must select the bonus prizes which best apply to your solution.
- Bonus Prize: Best Game Skill for Echo Show & Echo Spot: Awarded to the highest overall scoring updated Skill based on the Judges’ scores that was built for Echo Show & Echo Spot.
- Bonus Prize: Best Voice adaption of a Game: Awarded to the highest overall scoring new Skill based on the Judges’ scores for a Voice adaption of an existing Game.
- Bonus Prize: Customer´s Choice Most engaging Game Skill: Awarded to the Skill from the Games category with the highest number of users during the Challenge Engagement period.
- Bonus Prize: Best Game Skill for Kids: Awarded to the highest overall scoring new Skill based on the Judges’ scores for a Game Skill in the category “Kids > Games” within the Alexa Skills Store on amazon.de or amazon.co.uk.
- Bonus Prize: Best Localized Game Skill: Awarded to the highest overall scoring Skill based on the Judges’ scores that was localized to the Alexa Skill Store on amazon.de or amazon.co.uk.
(iii) Functionality: The Skill must be functioning and submitted for Alexa Skills Store certification on amazon.de or amazon.co.uk in the Games, Trivia & Accessories category prior to the end of the Submission Period. The Skill must be certified and publicly available in the Alexa Skills Store on amazon.de or amazon.co.uk in the Games, Trivia & Accessories category prior to the end of the Certification Period. The Skill must function as depicted in the video and/or expressed in any other Submission materials.
(iv) New and Existing Skills: Skills may be either newly created or updated by the Maker after the start of the Submission Period. Note, that updated Skills are only eligible to win in two categories of the Bonus Prizes (“Bonus Prize: Best Game Skill for Echo Show & Echo Spot or Bonus Prize: Best Localized Game Skill”). New Skills are eligible to win the Grand Prizes or one of the other Bonus Prize categories.
(v) Multiple Submissions: A Maker may submit more than one Submission, however, each Submission must be unique and substantially different from each of the Maker’s other Submissions, as determined by the Poster and/or the Administrator. Please note, however, that each Maker is only eligible to receive one Participant Prize, regardless of how many Submissions they enter.
(vi) SDKs, APIs, & Data: Skills may integrate SDKs, APIs and data, provided the Maker has the rights to use them.
(vii) Intellectual Property: Your Submission must: (a) be your (or your Team, or Organization’s) original work product; (b) be solely owned by you, your Team, or your Organization with no other person or entity having any right or interest in it; (c) not violate the intellectual property rights or other rights including but not limited to copyright, trademark, patent, contract, and/or privacy rights, of any other person or entity; and (d) comply with the Developer Agreement and all terms, rules and policies that Poster or its affiliates make available regarding submission of Alexa Skills. A Maker may contract with a third party for technical assistance to create the Submission provided the Submission components are solely the Maker’s work product and the result of the Maker’s ideas and creativity, and the Maker owns all rights to them. A Maker may submit a Submission that includes the use of open source software or hardware, provided the Maker complies with applicable open source licenses and, as part of the Submission, creates software that enhances and builds upon the features and functionality included in the underlying open source product. By entering the Competition, you represent, warrant, and agree that your Submission meets these requirements.
(viii) Financial or Preferential Support: A Skill must not have been developed, or derived from a Skill developed, with financial or preferential support from the Poster or Administrator. Such Skills include, but are not limited to, those that received funding or investment for their development, were developed under contract, or received a commercial license, from the Poster or Administrator any time prior to the end of Submission Period. This includes Skills that have been funded or co‑developed by Amazon or where employees, representatives or agents of Promotion Entities have consulted on the development of the skill, including Skills that earn money through licensing. The Administrator, at their sole discretion, may disqualify a Submission, if awarding a prize to the Submission or Maker would create a real or apparent conflict of interest.
C. Text Description, Image, and Video Requirements
(i) Text Description: The title and text description should explain the features and functionality of your Skill in the language of the Alexa Skill Store the Maker publishes the Skill to.
(ii) Images: Images or screenshots are optional.
(iii) Video: The video portion of the Submission:
- should be less than five (5) minutes;
- should include appropriate disclosure on the video or text description that it is being posted as part of entry into the Competition (#AlexaGames)
- must include footage that clearly explains the Skill’s features and functionality through a comprehensive demonstration;
- must be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo and be made public, and a link to the video must be provided on the submission form on the Competition Website; and
- must not include third party trademarks, or copyrighted music or other material unless the Maker has permission to use such material;
- must not infringe on any third party’s intellectual property, including featuring names and images of people without their permission;
- must be produced in the language of the Alexa Skill Store the Maker publishes the Skill to;
- must comply with Amazon Community Guidelines; and
- in the event a minor appears in the video, the minor should be the legal child of Maker. If Maker is not the parent or legal guardian of the child appearing in the video, Maker must obtain written consent from the parent/legal guardian to publicly feature the child in the video.
D. Submission Modifications
(i) Draft Submissions: Prior to the end of the Submission Period, you may save draft versions of your Submission on the Administrator’s Platform to your portfolio before submitting the Submission materials to the Competition for evaluation. Once the Submission Period has ended, you may not make any changes or alterations to your Submission, but you may continue to update the project in your personalized account on the Administrator’s Platform.
(ii) Modifications after the Submission Period. The Poster may permit you to modify part of your Submission after the Submission Period for the purpose of acquiring additional consent forms, adding the Competition hashtag to the demonstration video, or removing material that potentially infringes a third-party mark or right, discloses personally identifiable information, or is otherwise inappropriate. The modified Submission must remain substantively the same as the original Submission with the only modification being what the Poster permits. The administrator may add the Competition hashtag to the demonstration video on behalf of the submitter.
5. SUBMISSION RIGHTS
A. Maker Rights: Subject to the licenses described below and granted in the Developer Agreement, any applicable intellectual property rights to a Submission will remain with the Maker.
B. Administrator and Poster Rights: By entering the Competition, you grant to the Poster, Administrator, and any other third parties acting on the Poster’s behalf, a royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide perpetual license to display publicly and use for promotional purposes the Submission, in perpetuity. This license includes, but is not limited to, posting or linking to the Submission on Poster’s, Administrator’s, and partners’ websites and applications, including the Competition Website, and display and promotion of the Submission in any other media, worldwide.
C. Submission Display: The following Submission components may be displayed to the public: name, description, images, video URL, website, URL, team members, the Submission category and platform, and submitter type. Other Submission materials may be viewed by the Poster, Administrator, and Judges for screening and evaluation.
D. Representations and Warranties: Makers represent and warrant that the Poster, Administrator, and Competition partners are free to use Makers’ Submission in the manner described above, as provided or as modified by the Administrator, without obtaining permission or license from any third party and without any compensation to Makers.
A. Judges: Eligible Submissions will be evaluated by a panel of judges selected by the Poster (the “Judges”). Judges may be employees of the Poster or external, may or may not be listed individually on the Competition Website, and may change before or during the Judging Period.
Judging will take place in two rounds with two panels of Judges, selected at the discretion of the Poster. During the Finalist Judging Period, a panel of Judges will select ten (10) Finalist prize winners. During the Second Round Judging Period, a second panel of Judges will select the Grand Prize and Bonus Prize winners described below in section 7.
B. Criteria: During the Finalist Judging Period, the panel of Judges will score eligible Submissions using the following weighted criteria:
(i) [20pts] Quality of the Idea: including creativity and originality.
(ii) [20pts] Technical Implementation of the Idea: including how well the idea was executed by the developer, the complexity of the services used to build the Skill, the depth of integrations with data or third-party APIs, whether it performs as expected, and more.
(iii) [25pts] Potential for Engagement: including the extent to which the Skill is widely useful, engages user over multiple turns (dialogues), might be extended to other scenarios, and more.
(iv) [25pts] Quality of User Experience: including how natural the experience is to the user.
(v) [10pts] Quality of the Submission Package: including the description, video demo, and any other materials submitted to the Administrator’s Platform.
During the Second Round Judging Period, the panel of Judges will score Finalists using criteria (i), (ii), (iii), (iv), and (v) from the Finalist Judging Period. In addition, the Posters’ Judges will score each Finalist on a sixth, weighted criterion to evaluate the performance of each Finalist’s Skill during the Customer Engagement Period:
(vi) Customer Engagement (a variety of factors are considered such as new customers, recurring customers, customer ratings, and more). NOTE: Makers may update their Skills and they may promote their Skills during the Customer Engagement Period however, they may not use any automated methods to create customer engagement nor offer any incentive in exchange for customer engagement with the Skill.
(The above are collectively the “Judging Criteria”).
The Judging Criteria above may not apply to every Prize. See section 7 below for the Judging Criteria that apply for each Prize. The Maker(s) that are eligible for a Prize, and whose Submissions earn the highest overall scores based on the applicable Judging Criteria, will become potential winners of that Prize.
C. Submission Review: Judges are not required to test the Skill and may choose to judge based solely on the text description, images and video provided in the Submission.
D. Tie Breaker: For each Prize listed in section 7 below, if two or more Submissions are tied, the tied Submission with the highest score in the first applicable criterion listed above will be considered the higher scoring Submission. In the event any ties remain, this process will be repeated, as needed, by comparing the tied Submissions’ scores on the next applicable criterion. If two or more Submissions are tied on all applicable criteria, the panel of Judges will vote on the tied Submissions.
- Prize: Alexa Skills Challenge Hoodie
- Quantity: One (1) per eligible Maker (whether an individual Team, or Organization)
- Eligible Makers & Submissions: Limit of one Participant Prize per Maker (not per Skill).
- Applicable Judging Criteria: Awarded to Makers who develop a Game Skill in the language of the Alexa Skill Store the Maker publishes the Skill to, complete certification and get listed on the Alexa Skills Store on amazon.de or amazon.co.uk during the Certification Period.
- Prize: €2,500
- Quantity: 10
- Eligible Makers & Submissions: All Eligible Makers
- Applicable Judging Criteria: i, ii, iii, iv, v. Awarded to the 10 Skills receiving the highest overall scores from the Judges during the Finalist Judging Period.
- Prize: €10,000; Alexa Skills Challenge Trophy
- Quantity: 2
- Eligible Makers & Submissions: 10 Finalist Prize Winners
- Applicable Judging Criteria: i, ii, iii, iv, v, vi. Awarded to the two highest overall scoring Skill among the 10 Finalist Prize Winners based on the Judges’ scores during the Second Round Judging Period. One Prize is awarded to a German Skill published to the Alexa Skill Store on amazon.de, the other one to an English Skill published to the Alexa Skill Store on amazon.co.uk.
Bonus Prizes :
Best Game Skill for Echo Show & Echo Spot
- Prize: €2,500; 1 Echo Spot per Team member (max. of 3)
- Quantity: 1
- Eligible Makers & Submissions: Submissions: Existing and updated Skills in the Game Category for Echo Show & Echo Spot
- Applicable Judging Criteria: i, ii, iii, iv, v, vi. Awarded to the highest overall scoring updated Skill based on the Judges’ scores that was built for Echo Show & Echo Spot.
Best Voice adaption of a Game
- Prize: €2,500; 1 Echo Spot per Team member (max. of 3)
- Quantity: 1
- Eligible Makers & Submissions: Submissions: New Skills in the Games Category
- Applicable Judging Criteria: i, ii, iii, iv, v, vi. Awarded to the highest overall scoring new Skill based on the Judges’ scores for a Voice adaption of an existing Game.
Customer´s Choice: Most engaging Game Skill
- Prize: €2,500; 1 Echo Spot per Team member (max. of 3)
- Quantity: 1
- Eligible Makers & Submissions: Submissions: New Skills in the Games Category
- Applicable Judging Criteria: i, ii, iii, iv, v, vi. Awarded to the Skill from the Games category with the highest number of users during the Challenge period.
Best Game Skill for Kids
- Prize: €2,500; 1 Echo Spot per Team member (max. of 3)
- Quantity: 1
- Eligible Makers & Submissions: Submissions: New Skills in the Kid Games Category
- Applicable Judging Criteria: i, ii, iii, iv, v, vi. Awarded to the highest overall scoring new Skill based on the Judges’ scores for a Game Skill in the category “Kids > Games” within the Alexa Skills Store on amazon.de or amazon.co.uk.
Best Localized Game Skill
- Prize: €2,500; 1 Echo Spot per Team member (max. of 3)
- Quantity: 1
- Eligible Makers & Submissions: Submissions: Existing Skill in another locale that is localized during the Submission period.
- Applicable Judging Criteria: i, ii, iii, iv, v, vi. Awarded to the highest overall scoring Skill based on the Judges’ scores that was localized to the Alexa Skills Store on amazon.de or amazon.co.uk.
Cash Prizes will be provided by the Administrator and material prizes by the Poster. Makers based in the United Kingdom will receive the cash prizes to the actual exchange rate in British pounds.
IMPORTANT NOTE ON MULTIPLE PRIZE ELIGIBILITY: An eligible Skill may win a Participant Prize, a Finalist Prize, and a Grand Prize. Each Maker is limited to one Participant Prize, regardless of the number of eligible Skills entered by the Maker. The Grand Prize winners are NOT eligible to win a Bonus Prize for a new Skill or updated Skill optimized for Echo Show & Echo Spot. But they can be eligible to win the Bonus Prize for the Best Localized Game Skill. The Grand Prize winner for Germany or Austria might also win the Grand Prize for the United Kingdom and Ireland. A Finalist Prize winner may also win a Bonus Prize but a Bonus Prize may be awarded to a Skill that is not a Finalist Prize winner. An eligible Skill can only win one of the Bonus Prizes.
8. VERIFICATION OF POTENTIAL WINNERS
A. Verification Requirement: THE AWARD OF A PRIZE TO A POTENTIAL WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION OF THE IDENTITY, QUALIFICATIONS AND ROLE OF THE POTENTIAL WINNER IN THE CREATION OF THE SUBMISSION.
B. Required Forms: Potential winners will be notified using the email address associated with the BeMyApp account used to enter the Submission (the submitter is the “Representative” in the case of a Team or Organization). In order to receive a cash Prize, the potential winner (including all participating team members in the case of a Team or Organization) will be required to sign and return to the Administrator, affidavit(s) of eligibility (or a similar verification document) and liability/publicity release(s), and any applicable tax forms (“Required Forms”).
Deadline for Returning Required Forms: ten (10) business days after the Required Forms are sent.
C. Disqualification: The Administrator may deem a potential winner (or participating team members) ineligible to win if:
(i) the potential winner’s Representative or any participating member does not respond to multiple emails or fails to sign and return the Required Forms by the deadline listed above, or responds and rejects the Prize;
(ii) the Prize or Prize notification is returned as undeliverable; or
(iii) the Submission or the potential winner, or any member of a potential winner’s Team or Organization, is disqualified for any other reason.
In the event of a disqualification, the Administrator may award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential winner.
9. PRIZE DISTRIBUTION
A. Substitutions & Changes: The Administrator has the right to make a Prize substitution of equivalent or greater value. The Administrator will not award a Prize if there are no eligible Submissions entered in the Competition, or if there are no eligible Makers or Submissions for a specific Prize.
B. Prize Delivery: Prizes will be payable to the Maker, if an individual, to the Maker’s Representative, if a Team, or to the Organization, if the Maker is an Organization. It will be the responsibility of the winning Maker’s Representative to allocate the Prize among their Team or Organization’s participating members, as the Representative deems appropriate.
Prizes will be payable to the Maker, if an individual, to the Maker’s Representative, if a Team, or to the Organization, if the Maker is an Organization. It will be the responsibility of the winning Maker’s Representative to allocate the Prize among their Team or Organization’s participating members, as the Representative deems appropriate.
Cash prizes will be transferred to the Maker’s bank account without any additional costs.
Material prizes will be sent to the provided Maker’s address.
Echo prizes will be distributed as follows: The Maker will receive a voucher via email provided by the Poster which the Maker may redeem for an Echo device on amazon.de or amazon.co.uk.
Prizes are payable only after receipt of the Required Forms. A winning Maker may be required to provide a mailing address, bank information, and/or create an account with an electronic payment provider of the Poster or Administrator’s choosing in order to receive payment.
Failure to provide correct information on the Required Forms, or other correct information required for the delivery of a Prize, may result in delayed Prize delivery, disqualification or the Maker, or forfeiture of a Prize.
C. Prize Delivery Timeframe: Within 45 days of the Administrator’s receipt of the Required Forms.
D. Fees & Taxes: Winners (and in the case of Team or Organization, all participating members) are responsible for any fees associated with receiving or using a prize, including but not limited to, wiring fees. Winners (and in the case of Team or Organization, all participating members) are responsible for reporting and paying all applicable taxes in their jurisdiction of residence (federal, state/provincial/territorial and local). Winners may be required to provide certain information to facilitate receipt of the award, including completing and submitting any tax or other forms necessary for compliance with applicable withholding and reporting requirements. Winners are also responsible for complying with foreign exchange and banking regulations in their respective jurisdictions and reporting the receipt of the Prize to relevant government departments/agencies, if necessary. The Poster, Administrator, and/or Prize provider reserve the right to withhold a portion of the prize amount to comply with the tax laws of the Poster jurisdiction, or those of a winner’s jurisdiction.
10. ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE
A. By entering the Competition, you (and, if you are entering on behalf of a Team or Organization, each participating member) agree(s) to the following:
(i) The relationship between you, the Maker, and the Poster and Administrator, is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other special relationship.
(ii) You will be bound by and comply with these Official Rules and the decisions of the Poster, Administrator, and/or the Competition Judges which are binding and final in all matters relating to the Competition.
(iii) You release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Poster, Administrator, Promotion Entities, and their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, the Prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Competition, and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (hereafter the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a Maker’s entry, creation of Submission or entry of a Submission, participation in the Competition, acceptance or use or misuse of the Prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, transmission, performance, exploitation or use of the Submission as authorized or licensed by these Official Rules.
B. Without limiting the foregoing, the Released Parties shall have no liability in connection with:
(i) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by the Poster or Administrator’s electronic or printing error, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Competition;
(ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines, internet connectivity or electronic transmission errors, or network hardware or software or failure of the Competition Website;
(iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Competition;
(iv) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Competition or the processing of Submissions; or
(v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the Maker’s participation in the Competition or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
The Released Parties are not responsible for incomplete, late, misdirected, damaged, lost, illegible, or incomprehensible Submissions or for address or email address changes of the Makers. Proof of sending or submitting will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by the Poster or Administrator.
If for any reason any Maker’s Submission is determined to have not been received or been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, the Maker’s sole remedy is to request the opportunity to resubmit its Submission. Such request must be made promptly after the Maker knows or should have known there was a problem, and will be determined at the sole discretion of the Administrator.
The Poster, Administrator, and third parties acting on their behalf will use personal information about you on the basis of the Maker’s consent in order to perform and conduct this challenge with the Maker. Such personal information includes, but is not limited to, the name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, comments and hometown and country of residence. It may be used in any existing or newly created media, worldwide without further payment or consideration or right of review, unless prohibited by law. Authorized use includes advertising and promotional purposes.
12. GENERAL CONDITIONS
A. Poster and Administrator reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Competition, or any part of it, in the event of a technical failure, fraud, or any other factor or event that was not anticipated or is not within their control.
B. Poster and Administrator reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual or Maker it finds to be actually or presenting the appearance of tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Competition or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in a manner that is inappropriate, unsportsmanlike, not in the best interests of this Competition, or a violation of any applicable law or regulation.
C. Any attempt by any person to undermine the proper conduct of the Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil law. Should Poster or Administrator suspect that such an attempt has been made or is threatened, they reserve the right to take appropriate action including but not limited to requiring a Maker to cooperate with an investigation and referral to criminal and civil law enforcement authorities.
D. If there is any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Competition materials, including but not limited to the Submission form, Competition Website, advertising (including but not limited to television, print, radio or online ads), the terms and conditions of the Official Rules shall prevail.
E. The terms and conditions of the Official Rules are subject to change at any time, including the rights or obligations of the Maker, the Poster and the Administrator. The Administrator will post the terms and conditions of the amended Official Rules on the Competition Website and send a notice email to the Makers.
F. If at any time prior to the deadline, a Maker or prospective Maker believes that any Official Rule is or may be unclear or ambiguous, they must submit a written request for clarification.
G. The Poster or Administrator’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Should any provision of these Official Rules be or become illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction whose laws or regulations may apply to a Maker, such illegality or unenforceability shall leave the remainder of these Official Rules, including the Rule affected, to the fullest extent permitted by law, unaffected and valid. The illegal or unenforceable provision shall be replaced by a valid and enforceable provision that comes closest and best reflects the Poster’s intention in a legal and enforceable manner with respect to the invalid or unenforceable provision.
H. Excluding Submissions, all intellectual property related to this Competition, including but not limited to copyrighted material, trademarks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned or used under license by the Poster and/or Administrator. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owners is strictly prohibited. Any use in a Submission of Poster or Administrator intellectual property shall be solely to the extent provided for in these Official Rules.
13. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
By entering, all Makers (including, in the case of a Team or Organization, all participating members) agree to be bound by the Official Rules and hereby release the Released Parties from any and all liability in connection with the Prizes or Maker’s participation in the Competition. Provided, however, that any liability limitation regarding gross negligence or intentional acts, or events of death or body injury shall not be applicable in jurisdictions where such limitation is not legal.
14. ADDITIONAL TERMS THAT ARE PART OF THE OFFICIAL RULES
Please review the Administrators Terms at privacy.bemyapp.com for additional rules that apply to your participation in the Competition and more generally your use of the Competition Website and Administrators platform. If there is a conflict between the Terms of Service and these Official Rules, the latter terms shall control with respect to this Competition only.
Participation in the Competition constitutes Maker’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. By entering, a Maker agrees that all decisions related to the Competition that are made pursuant to these Official Rules are final and binding, and that all such decisions are at the sole discretion of the Poster and/or Administrator.
If you have any questions or comment, or wish to send us any notice regarding this Competition, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2018. BEMYAPP, All rights reserved.